Lower School (PreSchool - Grade 5)
Why choose an independent school? Click here to find out!
Louise Hizer Early Childhood Center (Preschool - K)
The Early Childhood Center provides students with a strong foundation through creative learning and playing:
- Imagination and creativity soar during the studentʼs daily time in the Great Room.
- Students can foster friendships and play during recess on a musical playground.
- Weekly technology lab and media center visits teach students foundational computer skills.
- Daily language arts, math, social studies, and science instruction help broaden the studentʼs horizons.
Anne MacGregor Jenkins Lower School (Grades 1 - 5)
The academic program at the Lower School includes a variety of enrichment classes:
- Physical education classes stress the importance of movement and emphasize
- Students visit the library weekly to check out books, listen to stories, or learn study and research skills.
- Religion classes are based on character development with students playing the lead role in weekly chapels.
- Students engage in a humanities based program with a specific concentration in Spanish. French, German,
- Latin, and Chinese are introduced in order to stimulate overall language acquisition and comprehension.
- Music, dance, drama and visual art classes help students learn the value of self-expression. ASA boasts a performance based strings program for students in grades 4 and 5.
- Technology enhanced learning begins in PK3 through the use of iMac and PC computer labs, Promethean Boards, LCD projectors, iEarn and BrainPop learning tools and more.